Origins of Ancient European Traditions Revealed in NEW 3rd EDITION of the classic Book of Elven-Faerie
The legacy brought forth by the ancient Mesopotamian world (and Egyptian for that matter) did not die with them or we would not have anything near to the world that we have today. Their influence remains true. One might believe (or prefer to believe) that since we no longer live under the same conditions and guises of our ancestors, that we have somehow been able to escape their Truth – that it could not longer have application for us. Such is clearly not the case, nor did things end entirely with the lore and sagas of the Sumerians and Babylonians and other desert dwellers in a forgotten world – no indeed…
An authentic, beautiful and uniquely complete Elvish Druidic Tradition revealed in the light of the mortal world… for the first time ever!
“The Book of Elven-Faerie actually restores the historical basis of the modern ‘New Age’ movement, resulting from one seeker’s pursuits into the origins of the Druids.“
“The Book of Elven-Faerie became the literal genesis of the modern ‘Mardukite’ movement when privately released by prolific visionary writer, Joshua Free, in 2006.“
“The first part of The Book of Elven-Faerie describes the history of elves and faeries, how they were created and eventually disappeared. The second part dives into the practice of the Elven-Faerie tradition, complete with rituals for both groups and solitary practitioners. The book concludes with a section on less formal practices including working on the astral plane, sacred trees, herbalism and forest magick, including use of the Ogham.“
Mesopotamia was only the beginning. As time and geography took its hold onto the ancient source traditions, it… evolved! If it can be said that this ancient stream is indeed our well-spring of civilization (examined very intensely in the Necronomicon Anunnaki Bible), and if we are to try to seek the most complete “systems” that have been brought forth through time and space, there are no others that compare to both the beauty and current and functional revival relevance as the Druids. Druidism is just as misunderstood and just as often misrepresented as the mythos and magick of ancient Sumeria, Babylon and Egypt – and, as it turns out, is directly related via a “dragon lineage” that was seeded by a race that we can identify with as “Elves” or “Faerie” begun in ancient Sumeria and Eurasia and carried forth into the Western World by distinct tribes of Europe.
The Book of Elven-Faerie is a revolutionary and controversial compendium of lore and magic reveals many things including:
* How ancient traditions of Mesopotamia (Sumerians, Babylonians, etc.) evolved into mystical, mythical and societal systems of Western Europe.
* How the most arcane practices shaped the customs and beliefs of the Western World.
* How modern folk magic can be traced back through the evolution of human civilization as carried by Druidic Tribes, the Tuatha de Dannan and ancient Anunnaki.
The Book of Elven-Faerie reveals an entire exploration into the Elven Way, Celtic Faerie Tradition and Danubian Druidism is offered — such as never seen before. Drawing from hundreds of sources, a reconstructionist Elven-Faerie tradition and system paradigm is presented by critically acclaimed Mardukite Druid, Joshua Free, including two complete grimoires that bring the magic and enchantment of nature, the elemental world, astral plane and woodlands to life!
We’ve all heard of the Druids, but how much do you really know about them? The classic image of a circle of white-robed wizards who gather at Stonehenge is immediately conjured to mind. Beyond that, there is the image crafted at Hollywood…
…two teenage Druids must prevent the son of Satan from using runestones to bring about the end of the world (Warlock 2: The Armageddon).
…a Druid nanny must sacrifice newborn babies to her sacred tree, which has the powers to protect and heal her (The Guardian).
…a tribe of Druid shamans, who drink orange soda, dominate a tropical island possessing an active volcano that requires an occasional sacrifice (Joe vs. Volcano).
[This blog is based on materials originally appearing in the third edition of “Sorcerer’s Handbook of Merlyn Stone” (1998), written by the present author at age 16, reprinted within “The Lost Books of Merlyn Stone” (2011) and the “Wizardry” anthology.]
Unfortunately there has been a lack of decent materials for the aspiring modern Druids. Most of the books available are rehashes of their questionable history. Fewer resources will relate to the reader something pragmatic and practical for our times – again, unfortunate. However, the Mardukite Truth Seeker Press has recently released the revised and expanded edition of the complete course curriculum in Druidry, now available as THE DRUID COMPLEAT by Joshua Free.
1. There were no human sacrifices related to Druidry in Britain or Ireland. There is some evidence for this on mainland Europe, for example Gaul (now France) — and even then, only in regards to the Gaulic Wars involving Roman prisoners. The Romans, whose tales are used by historians as a bible for learning of the Druids, had encountered and wrote of the Druids of Gaul before they invaded Britain. The accounts are extraordinarily biased and xenophobic in their interpretation.
2. The Druidic histories and lessons were written down. This was one of the many purposes of the Ogham script – in addition to using the ‘tree alphabet’ to arrange ‘forest libraries’ consisting of dried leaves. The Druids also knew how to apply the Ogham to hand signals and gestures giving them a silent ‘sign-language’. Romans sought to destroy all the evidence that the Druids exist-ed and their legions of soldiers were fed with a new-found ‘fire’ when invading the Celts. Julius Caesar once even recounted that the Druids had put up the most resistance to an invasion than any other culture encountered by the Roman Empire.
3. Druidism never was, nor should it be, considered a “religion” in the context that the word is used in contemporary society. It can be better examined as a “fraternity,” “brotherhood,” or “secret society,” with an equally significant Celtic-based “sorority” known as the Motherhood of Avalon. Similar organizations still exist and they share a long lineage of participation with various ‘secret orders’.
The Druids are an interesting archetype. For all of recorded time, there has always been someone or some group claiming to be druidic. In spite of this, or maybe because of it, the hardcore lineage and true sources of practical modern Druidry are difficult to ascertain. In many ways, Druidry can be best described as a niche – it seems to come naturally, and people are naturally inclined or drawn toward it or not…
For the first time since its prestigious underground release in 1996, Joshua Free’s “Druid Compleat“ is finally available in this all-in-one volume, revised, expanded and reformatted to include the complete text from the author’s personal Druidic trilogy, available separately as “Druidry“, “Draconomicon“ and “Book of Elven-Faerie“.